Idli is the one of the most popular & healthier breakfast recipes in India. Originated in South India, it is a world famous versatile recipe with which one could experiment a lot by adding different types of vegetables or fruits even. Each one of them tastes deliciously different. I am gonna share one such variant today. Rice and green moong dal idli is rich in protein , is great to taste and will be loved by one and all.
Lets get started.
Makes 16 idlis.
1/2 cup Rice
1/2 cup green moong dal ( green gram)
1/2 cup grated carrots
1 tbsp coconut
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
Salt to taste
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp curd
- Soak the rice, moong dal & fenugreek seeds using required water for 6-7 hours.
- Drain and blend to a smooth paste using little water.
- Add grated carrots, coconut, turmeric and salt to the paste and mix well using a spatula till everything is incorporated.
- In another bowl, Mix the curd and baking soda. Keep it aside for five minutes.
- Add the curd-baking soda mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Add little water if required.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the greased idli plates and steam in a steamer for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool, demould and serve hot with chutney or sambhar.