Sabudana vada is a popular recipe in Maharashtra prepared especially during fasts. The crunch of peanuts with versatile sago & potatoes with the spicy chillies makes one scrumptious finger licking experience. It’s flavourful and quite easy to make. A delicious evening tea time snack.
Lets get started on the recipe.
Difficultly level -Easy
Course – Snacks & Starters
Makes : 12 Vadas.
1/2 cup Sabudana (Sago)
1 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
1/4 cup coarsely crushed roasted peanuts
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tsp finely coriander leaves
1 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp jeera powder
2 tsp rice flour
A pinch of Asafoetida (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Clean and soak the sago in 1/3 cup water for about 5-6 hours.
- After 5 hours, the sago will be soft and fluffy.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to it and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small portions & Make tikkis/vadas of equal size.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the vadas until they are golden brown in colour.
- Drain excess oil in an absorbent paper and enjoy it hot with green chutney.
Tip – You can add grated cheese or paneer too, if you want to make it more creamy & cheesy.